Mardi Gras Masqerade Masks

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hi friends!  It's been a wild couple of weeks.  Equal parts awesome and awful :/  Life can be really, really difficult sometimes, but God always sustains me and brings me to a place of joy.


One of the awesome things was this pretty purple Mardi Gras photo shoot, recently featured on Green Wedding Shoes.  My dear friend Christina of Simply Modern Weddings orchestrated this romantic, burlesque inspired shoot.  She asked me to create some male and female masquerade masks in shades of black, white, gold and purple.  I've never made a male mask before (kind of intimidating) but this was my chance.  It's tricky to make a mask masculine and luxe at the same time, but these handpainted masks with gold leaf accents worked out perfectly. Beautiful photos by Krista Mason photography.



Does this model look like Michelle Dockery from Downton Abbey to you, too?




All masks from this shoot recently listed in our Etsy shop!  

1 comments:

Rachel March 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM  

I think the male masks are spot on! Not at all feminine, but still so dressy.

Post a Comment